Yesterday I decided to try another ponytail rollerset. My first attempt didn't go so well because I didn't use enough rollers and I didn't let the set dry completely. This time I had some extra patience so I gave it a try. After I deep conditioned, shampooed, put in my liquid leave in conditioners, and detangled, I went ahead with the rollerset using the items pictured below.
I put in 8 ponytails (three at the front, three in the middle, and two at my nape) using ouchless ponytail holders. Before rolling the ponytails, I sprayed my hair with a mixture of 3 parts water and 1 part Lottabody Setting Lotion. I hadn't used setting lotion in my previous attempts at rollersetting, but I thought that since my hair likes to frizz up I could use some extra hold. I smoothed my already detangled hair with a rat tail comb and I used two rollers per ponytail. I sat under my Gold 'n' Hot Elite Ionic Stand Bonnet Dryer (which I love and will do a post on soon) for an hour before I took a break and went back under for about 20 minutes. My hair felt completely dry at this point, but to be safe I went to sleep in the rollers before taking any out. Surprisingly, sleeping in the rollers wasn't too uncomfortable.
Here's what I got when I took the rollers out in the morning. Not much frizz and everything was dry! I noticed that some ponytails would've come out even smoother if I put three rollers as opposed to two but overall I was happy with the progress! At first, I thought the setting lotion has my hair too crispy feeling, but after I fingered through the curls it wasn't crispy at all.
When I took off the ponytail holders there was a pretty apparent crease. I didn't have time to try and do a saran wrap to get rid of the creases, but I also didn't want to comb through my roots to wrap it because my new growth is crazy.
I decided to finger comb the sections out and wear it curly. The creases were a little more apparent on the left side so I pinned my hear back to camouflage. I think i'm getting better! As far as the 12 week post roots, I decided to let them be. I'm trying to use the least amount of direct heat as possible.