Pages

24.6.13

Wash Day: 18 Weeks Post


I thought that my wash process would be super smooth because I decide to incorporate my recently purchased Carol's Daughter Olive Oil Infusion Hair Treatment known to soften and detangle unmanageable hair. My hair was super tangled because I hadn't thoroughly detangled it in a week and I had been co-washing all week due to excessive exercise (*pats herself on the back*) so I was hoping this treatment would help me get through the tangles.

Unfortunately, I don't think I used the treatment correctly (or it just doesn't work well for me) but I will get into more detail about this product in a future product review after I've tried it again. Watch my most recent Carol's Daughter haul for more information on the treatment here.


Here's how the wash day went..
 (1) After putting my hair in four sections, I applied the Khoret Amen oil from the CD Olive Oil Infusion kit to my scalp, massaged it in and pulled it throughout my hair as the instructions said to do
Excuse the eye boogers! Lol!

(2) I then applied the Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie to my hair while it was still in the four sections. I forgot to finger with the smoothie in my hair as the instructions said and this may be why I didnt get the result I expected). I then put a plastic cap on and a satin bonnet. I ran around outside with my puppy for about a half hour with the treatment in my. Isn't he a cutie?! After running around I went under my heatling cap for another 30 mins before washing the treatment out.





(3) After the treatment I shampooed with the Carol's Daughter Chocolat smoothing shampoo and then followed up with the Chocolat smoothing conditioner.









(4) For some reason my hair wasn't as soft as I had hoped at this point so I applied Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner to finger detangle. My hair was softer after using this conditioner.
(5) When I got out of the shower I t-short dried for about 10 mins and when I took the t-shirt down I found that my hair was a drier than if I had used my regular deep conditioners.








(6) After applying my leave ins (Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstruizer, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisturizing Leave In, and Carol's Daughter Macadamia Heat Protecting Serum) my hair was much softer and easier to detangle.

(7) I detangled and roller set my hair in four section. For two front sections I roller set traditionally and for the back to section I cheated with a two ponytail sets.
Rollerset results
It's getting harder to do rollersets as I get deeper in my stretch. This time around my roots didn't get straight enough but this is expected since I have so much new growth.


Are you noticing my obsession with Carol's Daughter? Lol. How did your last wash day go?


13 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so lovely and it has grown really long. How long do you want to stretch for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't have a set goal for my stretch. I'm just trying to go as long as I can bare. So far so good!

      Delete
  2. I understand about CD. The shampoos and conditioners I used were not impressive. My hair is naturally coarse and dry. It doesn't seem to soften easily. I really like As I Am co-wash, the green tea spray, cream of nature (original) shampoo, and CD's Mimosa hair honey and cocoa butter/shea butter products.I also like wild growth light oil moisturizer--a few drops on the hair does wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to te revisit the creme of nature products. I am planning to try their argan oil shampoo soon. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. The roller set results are very beautiful. It's probable the CD is not working for your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some work for me and it seems that some others do not :-(

      Delete
  4. Just so you know, your my rollerset inspiration. I did a post on it on my blog. If you every get a chance please check it out.

    My site is : PowerToThePJ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair came out lovely in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The end results are super cute! I have the same issue with CD products. They never feel like they are moisturizing enough. However, I live by the Olive Oil Infusion Hair Treatment technique. My hair thanks me with I layer oil over a deep conditioner and add heat!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I am interested to try the kit again. Hopefully i did it wrong the first time.

      Delete
  7. Wow 18 weeks post! I can only dream! I am currently 8.5 weeks post and hoping to go longer than my usual 12 weeks with no setback.

    Your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete