Pages

16.5.15

Wondabraid: Janelle Monae MetGala Inspired Hairstyle


For Met Gala 2015, Janelle Monae wore a beautiful braided hairstyle created by celebrity hairstylist Caprice Green. I have been obsessing over it ever since and plotting on a recreation.



After doing my research, I decided to incorporate a dinosaur braid (also known as the four strand round braid) using braiding hair and what seemed like a million bobby pins to recreate this look. My hair was separated into three sections: the middle mohawk section, and the two side sections. I used Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel to cornrow all three sections. I used about two and a half packs of Janet Collection Super Jumbo Braiding hair for the dinosaur braid and used bobby pins to attached the braid to my middle cornrowed section. As I bobby pinned the braid down I made sure to pull on the braid for more volume. Check out Youtuber Briadsandstyles12's video on how to do a dinosaur braid for more information on how I created the braid.


3 comments:

  1. There is so much versatility to hair braiding. This style is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair style looks stunning on you.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! This look is so editorial! Well at least my ordinary life isn't spectacular enough for me to walk around with this style! LOL.

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete